Apple (Ticker: AAPL) declared a $0.22 per share quarterly dividend in the form of cash.
Cash will be paid on May 13, 2021, for shareholders of:
- Record Date: May 10, 2021
- Ex-Dividend Date: May 07, 2021
Apple Dividend History in the Last 5 Years:
|Ex-Div. Date||Dividend||Amount||Payment Date|
Is Apple an Excellent Blue-Chip Stock?
Apple. Inc. is one of the most innovative and most valuable companies in the world. We like this giant tech company and its consistent way of paying dividends. An investor could consider the following factors before investing in Apple stock:
- Apple is the first US company that reached the first trillion market cap and became the first one that reached the two trillion market cap.
- The company was founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.
- Apple is the Number 1 among the World’s Most Admired Companies in 2021 by Fortune.
- Apple is an iconic brand. We believe that it will stay relevant in the years to come.
- It has an incredible product line-up – Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, TV, Music, Wearables, and Accessories.
- It also offers brilliant services, including AppleCare, Cloud, Advertising, Digital Content, and Payment services (Apple Card and Apple Pay).
- The company reported a Net Income of $57.4 billion in 2020.
- Apple is among the top stocks on the S&P 500 index, Nasdaq 100, and Dow Jones Industrial Average Index
- The iPhone maker pays its shareholders cash dividends four times a year consistently.
- There is a rumor around the web that Apple has a “Project Titan” that is aiming to launch Apple Car, an autonomous electric vehicle
- If you bought Apple stock three years ago, you would have earned around 229% and 503% if you bought it five years ago
What are the Risks of Investing in Apple Stock?
Although investing in Apple stock could be rewarding, it also carries huge risks. Technology companies are in a highly competitive industry. There is always no guarantee that Apple will remain in its leading position.
Apple may have many loyal customers right now, but many people find Apple products expensive. Achieving consistent sales and profit will always be a challenge.
Global market, economic factors, beating analysts’ expectations, company news, and pandemic also affect Apple stock price.
Disclosure and Disclaimer: The author is a long-term investor of Apple. This article is for information purposes only and should not be taken as professional advice or endorsement of a particular investment. All investments have risks. Risk only the capital you’re comfortable to lose. Always do your research before investing in the stock market.