Invesco QQQ ETF is one of my favorite ETFs (Exchange-Traded-Funds) for medium to long-term investment because it tracks the Nasdaq 100 index and pays dividends consistently.
As of this writing, Invesco QQQ ETF has a 1-year total return of 42.04%, which is decently an excellent profit for holding a basket of large-cap companies.
On this page, we share the top components of Invesco QQQ ETF. If you’re planning to invest soon or if you’re already holding shares of QQQ ETF, then bookmark this page as we update the list of QQQ ETF holdings regularly.
What is QQQ ETF?
Invesco QQQ ETF is an Exchange-Traded-Fund that tracks the performance of the Nasdaq 100 index, which consists of the largest non-financial companies listed on the Nasdaq stock market in terms of market capitalization.
Why Should You Invest in QQQ ETF?
Investors can afford to buy shares of QQQ ETF more than buying a whole share of the Nasdaq 100 index. The price of QQQ is lower. Some brokers also offer fractional shares of ETF like QQQ.
2. Expert Management
QQQ ETF is managed by Invesco, a world-renown investment management firm with over $1.5 trillion AUM (Assets Under Management). Invesco has professional investment teams handling a wide range of asset classes, investment styles, and geographies.
Since QQQ ETF copies the composition of the Nasdaq 100 index, you will have the same exposure and diversification. Your fund will be allocated to the information technology, communication services, consumer discretionary, health care, consumer staples, industrials, and utilities sectors.
While you invest in a basket of 100 companies, investing in QQQ ETF will help you minimize the risks of investing in a single company.
4. Outstanding Performance
QQQ ETF always achieves excellent performance. The 1-year total return of QQQ ETF is 42.04%, 3-year is 100.42%, and 5-year is 233.64%. It has beaten the S&P500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average index many times already, especially during bullish market trends.
5. Long Term Objective
Exchange-traded funds with equity-focused like QQQ ETF are suitable to hold for long term as their historical NAV performance shows that profit potential works better over time. The components and allocation of QQQ ETF are strategically designed with a long-term objective.
QQQ ETF is among those ETFs with high assets under management. Many traders like trading this ETF regularly because they can easily buy and sell their shares quickly.
Invesco QQQ ETF Holdings By Weight
- Apple Inc. (AAPL)
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)
- Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG)
- Facebook Inc. (FB)
- Tesla Inc. (TSLA)
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOGL)
- NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA)
- PayPal Holdings Inc. (PYPL)
- Adobe Inc. (ADBE)
- Comcast Corp. (CMCSA)
- Intel Corp. (INTC)
- Cisco Systems Inc. (CSCO)
- Netflix Inc. (NFLX)
- PepsiCo Inc. (PEP)
- Broadcom (AVGO)
- T-Mobile US Inc. (TMUS)
- Texas Instruments Inc. (TXN)
- Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST)
- QUALCOMM Inc. (QCOM)
- Amgen Inc. (AMGN)
- Charter Communications Inc. (CHTR)
- Starbucks Corp. (SBUX)
- Intuit Inc. (INTU)
- Applied Materials Inc. (AMAT)
- Intuitive Surgical Inc. (ISRG)
- Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (AMD)
- Booking Holdings Inc. (BKNG)
- Lam Research Corp. (LRCX)
- Mondelez International Inc. (MDLZ)
- Zoom Video Communications Inc. (ZM)
- Micron Technology Inc. (MU)
- Gilead Sciences Inc. (GILD)
- Moderna Inc. (MRNA)
- Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP)
- MercadoLibre Inc. (MELI)
- CSX Corp. (CSX)
- Fiserv Inc. (FISV)
- Activision Blizzard Inc. (ATVI)
- Illumina Inc. (ILMN)
- Autodesk Inc. (ADSK)
- Analog Devices Inc. (ADI)
- JD.com Inc. (JD)
- Biogen Inc. (BIIB)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. (REGN)
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI)
- ASML Holdings (ASML)
- DocuSign Inc. (DOCU)
- IDEXX Laboratories Inc. (IDXX)
- Kraft Heinz Co. (KHC)
- Monster Beverage Corp. (MNST)
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. (KDP)
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. (VRTX)
- Align Technology Inc. (ALGN)
- Baidu Inc. (BIDU)
- KLA Corp. (KLAC)
- Marriott International Inc. (MAR)
- Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD)
- Marvell Technology Inc. (MRVL)
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc. (WBA)
- Workday Inc. (WDAY)
- Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU)
- eBay Inc. (EBAY)
- Exelon Corp. (EXC)
- Ross Stores Inc. (ROST)
- Match Group Inc. (MTCH)
- American Electric Power Co. Inc. (AEP)
- Dexcom Inc. (DXCM)
- Microchip Technology Inc. (MCHP)
- Synopsys Inc. (SNPS)
- Electronic Arts Inc. (EA)
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXN)
- O’Reilly Automotive Inc. (ORLY)
- Cintas Corp. (CTAS)
- Paychex Inc. (PAYX)
- Cadence Design Systems Inc. (CDNS)
- Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (CTSH)
- Atlassian Corp. (TEAM)
- Xcel Energy Inc. (XEL)
- NetEase Inc. (NTES)
- Xilinx Inc. (XLNX)
- Copart Inc. (CPRT)
- PACCAR Inc. (PCAR)
- Fastenal Co. (FAST)
- ANSYS Inc. (ANSS)
- Okta Inc. (OKTA)
- Peloton Interactive Inc. (PTON)
- Seagen Inc. (SGEN)
- Verisk Analytics Inc. (VRSK)
- Skyworks Solutions Inc. (SWKS)
- Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (MXIM)
- Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (SIRI)
- VeriSign Inc. (VRSN)
- Cerner Corp. (CERN)
- CDW Corp. (CDW)
- Dollar Tree Inc. (DLTR)
- Splunk Inc. (SPLK)
- Trip.com Group Ltd. (TCOM)
- Incyte Corp. (INCY)
- Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (CHKP)
- Fox Corp. (FOXA)
- Fox Corp. (FOX)
Does QQQ Pay Dividends?
Yes, QQQ rewards cash dividends every quarter. Its current dividend yield is .52%. The annual dividend is $2.165. Its dividend growth rate (trailing 12 months) is 6.89%.
What are the Risks of Investing in QQQ ETF?
QQQ ETF is invested heavily in technology stocks that are very volatile in nature. So, if you are investing in this ETF, you must weigh in its high risk and high reward potential.
Some of the large-cap tech stocks are also overvalued and expensive. Large-cap stocks have little room to grow, so don’t expect a skyrocket performance of your portfolio.
Although QQQ ETF holdings have unique business outlook, an investor must keep in mind the possibilities in the technology sector.
How to buy shares of Invesco QQQ ETF?
- Open an online trading account
- Set up your investment profile
- Indicate your risk tolerance
- Select the ticker QQQ
- Place a BUY order
- Set your target price or target profit
- Follow your investment goal
Other ETF Guides:
Disclaimer: This article is for information purposes only and should not be considered as a professional advice or an endorsement of a particular investment. All investments have risks. Risk only the capital you’re not afraid to lose. Always do your own research before investing.